I am restless.
Oddly enough, I have never felt this strong of an urge inside of me to SEE things and DO things before. Up until this point, I’ve been perfectly content to sit at home with a good book and a cup of tea, and I’m not sure when or why this changed. All I know now is that there are so many things that I want to do and right now I want to do them all at once. Since the ideas just keep whirring around in my head, I’ve decided to make a list! I was inspired by Nicole Balch of Making it Lovely to write my own version of a 30 before 30 list in order to give myself some achievable goals to focus on. I feel that there’s a good mix of life skills, milestones, places and things that will give me plenty to write about as I experience them, but that I can also look back on with fondness when I’m older!
Writing them down in private and sharing them in public are two different things. The reason I’m sharing my list is because I feel that I need to be held accountable to some degree, although I’d rather look at this list as a guideline rather than a strict schedule. Considering I’ll be 26 in April already, I have about 4ish years to get all these things done. I will conquer this list.
In no particular order:
1. Start learning another language (spanish?)
2. Sing in a choir
3. Sew a dress for myself
4. Read 100 classic novels
5. Visit Holland
6. Start a family
7. Move out of the condo and buy a house
8. Make a cake with more than one layer from scratch
9. Ride in a hot air balloon
10. Go on a yoga retreat
11. Get a tattoo
12. Swim with dolphins
13. Rock out at a music festival
14. Go skinny dipping
15. See the Grand Canyon
16. Attend a cooking class
17. Bake a successful soufflé
18. Start doing more freelance design work
19. Go on annual “mooniversary” trips with husbie
20. Sleep under the stars
21. Sponsor a child in Africa
22. Find a church community, attend regularly
Get a professional mani/pedi (I’ve never had either!) Got my first mani 10/20/12!
24. Buy a bottle of Dom Perignon for a special occasion
25. Pay off my student loan
26. Watch the top 100 movies from AFI
27. Go to Disneyland or Disney World
28. Own a bike and a basket to match
29. Throw a kick ass theme party
30. Turn all our wedding/honeymoon pictures into photo books
Let the memories begin!
// font by Jessica Hische